Teruten Inc. (www.teruten.com, hereinafter, Teruten) has established the personal information management policy as follow (the “Policy”) in accordance with Personal Information Protection Act to protect personal information and the rights and to handle any problems that the users may face in respect of their personal information.
Any amendment of this Policy will be publicly announced by a posting on the website of Teruten.
This Policy will come into effect on November 11 2018 The “Effective Date”.
1. Purpose of Personal Information Management
Teruten proceeds user’s personal information for the following purposes.
Processed information will not be used for any purposes other than for the following purposes.
Teruten will seek prior consent of the persons who are the subject of the personal information (the “users”) before any change to the intended use in implemented.
Teruten processes personal information for the following purposes
To handle customer inquires on products, send a newsletter to customers etc.
2. Statue of Personal Information Files
1. Personal Information File Name: User Information of Product Inquiry
- Personal Information Item: E-mail, mobile phone number, name, company phone number, position, department, company size, organization classification, inquiry, product, visit path
- Collection method : Homepage
- Reason for retention : Consent of the information subject
- Retention period : Immediate destruction
- Relevant statutes :
3. Personal Information Processing and Retention Period
1.Teruten processes and retains personal information during the period permitted by law or agreed by the subject of the information upon collection of his/her personal information.
2.Personal information processing and retention periods are as follows:
The personal information related to <Miscellaneous> will be retained and used for the purpose of use above, from the date of agreement on collection to <Immediate destruction>.
- Reason for retention : Consent of the information subject
- Relevant statutes : Records of the collecting, processing and use of credit information: 3 years
4. Rights, Obligation of the users and method to exercising such rights
User may exercise the following rights against Teruten as a personal information subject.
① Right to have access to personal information, correction, deletion and discontinuance at any time
②The rights referred to in Paragraph ① above may be exercised by completing Article 41 Paragraph 1 of the Enforcement Regulation of the Personal Information Protection Act and submitting to Teruten as hard copy, or by email or facsimile. Teruten will immediately take action upon receipt of such request.
③ The rights referred to in Paragraph A above may be exercised by a legal agent or an authorized representative of the User. In such a case, power of attorney as provided in Article 41 Paragraph 1 of the Enforcement Regulation of the Personal Information Protection Act must be submitted to Teruten.
④ The obligation of personal information subject may be restricted for the request of correction or discontinuance under Article 35 Paragraph 5 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
⑤ Request for correction or deletion of personal information shall not be demanded for deletion if such personal information is specified in other statutes as the object of collection.
⑥ Teruten verifies whether he/she is the right agent or the person who made the request to access, correct, delete or discontinue the information.
5. Types of personal information processed
① Teruten processes the following types of personal information.
- Required Items : email, mobile phone number, name, company phone number, position, department, company name, company size, Product inquiry, visit path
6. Disposal of Personal Information
<Teruten> disposes of such personal information without delay when any of the personal information becomes no longer necessary. The process, timing and method of disposal of personal information are as follow:
- Disposal Process
The personal information should be preserved according to applicable laws, Teruten will store such information in a separate database (in case of personal information in paper form) and preserve it for the required period of time in accordance with applicable law and Teruten’s internal policies, and will dispose of it after the required period elapses. In such a case, the personal information preserved will not be used except in strict adherence to the relevant law.
- Disposal Timing
The personal information will be destroyed within 5 days from the end of retention period when the personal information is not required, such as the purpose of processing personal information, the abolition of the service, or the termination of the business.
- Disposal Method
Information in electronic from will be destroyed using technical tools so as to make sure that such information will not be reproduced.
7. Installation, operation, and rejection of automatic personal information collection devices
8. Personal information protection manager
① Teruten appoints a personal information protection manager who is responsible for all affairs relating to personal information processing, and handling complaints raised by the Users and remedy of damages incurred in relation to personal information processing.
▶ Personal Information Protection Manager
Name : Hwang Dong Hyuk / Position : Research Director / Title : Director / Contact : 82-2-6952-7075, email@example.com, 8202-6952-7076
9. Changes in the personal information management policy
① This policy will take effect from the effective Date, and any changes, deletion or correction of the policies herein will be announced 7 days prior to the date on which such changes will take effect.
10. Measures to secure safety of personal information
Teruten takes the following technical, administrative and physical measures necessary to protect personal information in accordance with Article 29 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
1. Minimize Number of Staff Processing Personal Information and Training
Teruten appoints a minimum number of staff for processing personal information and gives permission to handle personal information only to such staff.
2. Regular Internal Audits
Teruten conducts internal in order to secure the safety of personal information.